'The Rocks" was constructed in 1903 as the summer home for Eben Jordan, of Jordan Marsh. It was designed by Edmund Wheelwright, architect of such notable Boston edifices as New England Conservatory's Jordan Hall, the Longfellow Bridge, and the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. Unfortunately, the original house had been extensively and insensitively remodeled and reduced in size over the years. When our clients purchased the house, the only remaining significant pieces of the original house were small portions of the Great Hall, Parlor, and some of the paneling in the Billiards Room. Our goal was to recreate the original grandeur and character of the house while appropriately adapting the plan to a contemporary program based on today's lifestyle requirements.