Our client purchased this existing office building in Rocky Hill, CT in late 2012 with the goal of freshening up the interior before showing the space to potential tenants. Both budget and timeline are a focus for this project, as the client is asking that construction be completed within a 3-4 month period.
Since we at Catalano Architects pride ourselves on our ability to listen to our clients and accommodate their needs, we happily embraced this challenge. Keeping within the client’s budget and schedule, we came up with a plan for a stylish and efficient commercial space that is also welcoming and comfortable.
RENDERINGS & DESIGN PLAN
- We stripped the existing finishes and introduced new materials in all public areas
For the Main Lobby:
- We created a more inviting arrangement with built-in seating and planters, introduced stone walls, dark wood accents, and new carpeting, lighting, wall color and furniture
- We updated finishes throughout the building’s public spaces
- A new frameless glass railing opens the view from the elevator lobby towards the three-story high glass wall of the atrium
- Color changing LED cove lights wash up and down the stone walls giving the lobby a nice, warm glow
- Red accent walls create a visual connection between the three floors
- Timeless modern furniture by Le Corbusier
- Rustic stone cladding
- Solid dark walnut accents
- Frameless glass rail